Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013



Weekly update Oct 28 201

FROM ME TO LAUREN:
So this is the update on Adler: p.s. he was baptized yesterday!
“Adler is doing well.  We are moving through day by day.  Hopefully Adler will make counts on Tuesday, and so it will be his last chemo!  Three weeks after that will complete his treatment.  We will do more scans and testing, we hope to hear that he is in remission at that time.  Adler's hair is a funny thing.  We didn't know why it started coming back in, his doctors were stumped as well.  Yesterday, for no understandable reason, it started coming out in big chunks.  We are pretty sure he will be a bald eagle again soon (Adler means eagle).  He turned 8 last week and we have had a wonderful week of celebrations.  Thank you so much for all who have helped us in so many ways and continue to pray for us.  We are blessed to be loved so well.”

Ok, So I've written you a bunch of letters to catch you up on stuff, so look for those in the mail. Can you send me more pictures???????? I also need your address so I can google earth your apartment. Is there anything that you need darling? I have a package coming your way this week as well. I haven't mailed it yet, so let me know if there is anything else I should put in it that you need.
      


 
Lauren Whitney < lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
To: Pamela Whitney <p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
That's great about Adler!! Yay yay yay!!
Here is my apartment address. Feel free to send mail here as well. Also, if you do write me, make sure you put Sister Lauren Whitney because there is another sister Whitney in this mission. Crazy right?
 
Sister Lauren Whitney
160 W center St.
Promenade #208
Anaheim, CA 92805
 
I would send you more pictures, but I really don't take that many. I try and do better.
 
 
Love you!!!

 



 
 
 
 
Lauren Whitney < lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
 
 
 
 
Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM
To: Pamela Whitney <p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
Two months down.
So, we're supposed to only share the spiritual stuff in our letters home, but I think this is a pretty dang great story. I went on exchanges (i was with a different companionship for 24 hours) with my sister training leader, Sister Napigkit, and her companion, Sister Mulitalo. We had a great time and I learned a boatload of stuff, but the great part of this story happened during morning exercise. I was doing some strength stuff and then I got it in my head to challenge sister Mulitalo to an arm wrestle. Ok cool, what's the big deal is probably what you are thinking. Well, Sister Mulitalo happens to be an amazing volleyball player. She's also a poly. Well, we gripped hands and braced for the combat of strengths. It was touch and go for a good minute or two, both of us at equal strength. I was starting to lose hope and thought that it was surely the end of my undefeated rein, but then a miracle happened. Sister Mulitalo gave in and I totally crushed her in our arm wrestle. That's right, I beat a poly in arm wrestling :) Haha
The rest of my week has been almost as blissful l:) Our ward had a Halloween party on Saturday and we were able to help set up a spook ally and decorate for the party. For food, we had a chili cook off between the wards. Our ward actually got the prize of best chili. It was so righteous. Also, we had some investigators show up and they had a great time. So, hurray for the work:)
I love being a missionary, even when it gets hard. Two months have flown by and I’m really sad to see them go, but I am so excited to see what the next 16 months have in store. I love you all and I'm sorry this week is so short. No time:(
Peace and Blessings. Happy Halloween too
 
Love Sister Whitney
[Quoted text hidden]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment