Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013


Lauren Whitney < lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
To: Pamela Whitney <p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
Ok, Let's get down to business.
THE FIELD IS AMAZING AND I LOVE ANAHEIM SO MUCH AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY SO DANG MUCH AND I LOVE THIS GOSPEL MORE THAN I CAN DESCRIBE!!!!
It's been a pretty awesome week. Once I arrived in Anaheim, we went to the mission home for some training, lunch, and naps. President Bowen and Sister Bowen are so nice and it was super comforting being around them.
Then at 4 we met our trainers. I am in a trio so my trainers are Sister Dono and Sister Grant. They are amazing missionaries and I am so blessed to have them as trainers. Sister Dono is from japan and has been out for 6 months and Sister Grant is from springvile Utah and has also been out for 6 months.
Once the meet and greet scene was over, we got right to work. We had a dinner appointment with some less active members. It was actually pretty fun, plus the food was good. Then we went to wal mart to get food and stuff for me. After, we set up an appointment with another less active member. Then we came home, planned, and then I crashed so hard because I had been up for 20 hours.
Every day since then has a similar schedule. We get up at 6:30 and exercise, shower and eat breakfast, then begin personal study at 8. That's followed with companionship study, language study, lunch, and then because I'm a greenie, training. Our mornings are basically all study, but I'm not complaining because I need it.
During the afternoon/early evening, we usually have appointments to teach lessons. When those fall through we go and visit less actives. Dinner is around 5 and we usually eat at a member's house. Then it's back to appointments. I still haven't gone tracting and its bumming me out. I really want to go tracting!
MY favorite day was Sunday. We started off with a good note because the night before, we were able to commit someone to baptism. She's only 16, but has incredible faith in Jesus Christ. Also, I got to invite her! It was amazing :) Anyway, back to Sunday. First off, we were fasting. We went to a ward council (the leadership gets together and discusses the ward and potential converts) and then to Relief Society. They do church backwards here, so that was kind of neat. Then, we had our investigator, Ed, show up for Sunday school and sacrament. It was so great! The whole time in sacrament I was praying that no one would say something weird in their testimonies and luckily my pray was answered. It was a dang awesome testimony meeting. The ward here is incredible.
After church, we taught Ed the Plan of Salvation. He is a golden investigator and asked lots of good questions. It was so amazing to teach him about our Father's plan for us. And, once again, I got to invite him to be baptized.
HE SAID YES WITHOUT HESITATION!!!!
It was so amazing and the Spirit was so strong. And, my testimony of fasting grew to the moon!! Best Sunday ever!
I love being in the field, even if it is a little scary. I'm quickly getting over my fear of talking to people and I know that the Lord is helping me out daily. I love being a missionary and I know that this work is the work of the Lord.
I love you all so much and I hope that today you remember that the Lord loves you and cares about you:)
Love, Sister Whitney
p.s. The weather here is to die for. Not too hot and I don't have frodo hair. Score 
 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment