Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

So Sister Whitney called us this morning at 5:29 a.m. as she left Utah to travel to
Anaheim California for the next couple of months till her visa comes. It was super early but I did manage to hit record on my cd burner so I can transcribe our conversation to share at a later date. Following are the e-mails we exchanged this morning.


I LOVE YOU SO DANG MUCH!!
3 messages
 
CORRESPONDENCE FROM Oct 8, 2013 after our chat on the phone before she left the MTC for California.



Pamela Whitney < p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
To: Lauren Whitney <lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
Lauren! I can't tell you how awesome it was to hear you this morning. I was surprised at how everyone "woke up" so quickly into our conversation. I just wanted to tell you that you look so beautiful in your pictures. I'm so proud  of your mastery of that insane yogo pose. You are kinda like a dog with a bone when something is hard for you. You do it again and again until u get it. Kinda like Jumangi! Anyway, You are a spectacular beautiful smart woman who is shinning like a torch right now. Go and do what the Lord needs for you to do in his name. ILOVEYOU!!!

--
Sing Your Way Home!
Pamela Whitney, p.whitney.baird@gmail.com



Lauren Whitney < lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
To: Pamela Whitney <p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
I love you too!!! 
I made it safely to California!! I slept the entire plane ride to Phoenix and it was grand. The second flight to california was pretty dang great as well. I sat next to this lady named Shelly. She was a professional chef and actually owned a bunch of restaurants in several states. Also, she's written 3 cook books. I though she was pretty dang neat. Anyway, we just chatting and she asked what my tag was for. Obviously I was excited to tell her because then I could share about the gospel. So I told her and I kind of told her about the church. I could have done much better, but I left her with a pass along card and challenged her to go to mormon.org. It was so scary but I'm glad that I did it.
I love california and my mission president is incredible. I know that I am supposed to be here and I cannot wait to get started in the work:)
I love you all and I'm so grateful for you in my life. 
-Sister whitney
[Quoted text hidden]



Pamela Whitney < p.whitney.baird@gmail.com>
Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
To: Lauren Whitney <lauren.whitney@myldsmail.net>
I need an address peaches!!! Good job on the plane! go boldly to proclaim the gospel!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment