Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

World Cup

Ok, so I am sorry I didn´t write on monday. I´ll tell you why later. Anyways, Let´s talk about the world cup. BRASIL is sooooo crazy for futebol. Holy cow do I love this country. Everyone is so happy and there is green and yellow everywhere. It has been so cool to walk down the street and see all the decorations and people. UNfortunately, as missionaries, we have to stay at home on the days of the games. We can leave the house early, make a few street contacts, eat lunch, and then we have to go back home. Actually, I was not sad at all because I got to take a nap. YOu don´t even know how happy I was to take a nap. I almost couldn´t sleep I was so excited to sleep. It was the absolute best. So that´s pretty much what we do on game days. Other than that, the World Cup is pretty chill for us.
So my first week with Sister Sargent was the best. She is an amazing teacher!!! Wow, I am so lucky to have her as a companion. It is so fun teaching with her because we both kind of know what we are doing and I can have complete faith that she won´t say something stupid. Plus, we are teaching so well together. There was no awkward first week companion ajustment. We just got to work and it was so smooth. Blessings.
Also..... WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!!!!! His name is Bruno and seriously he is golden. Sister Sargent started teaching him 2 weeks ago and then we became companions so I got to teach him for a week too. It was the best teaching someone really prepared by the Lord. Bruno just accepted everything without blinking twice. He gave up coffee, cigaretts and beer all in the same day and never had another problem with them. I just love missionary work!!!!!! He was baptized after church on Sunday and he had a ton of surport from the ward. He is going to be an amazing member:)
Almost right after the baptism on Sunday, Sister Sargent had to catch a bus for a leadership meeting in Piracicaba. The bus system here is aweful and I hate bus rides soooo much right now, but I was able to get through it because Sister Sargent is my companion. Anyways, we got to Piracicaba at like 10pm at night and then had a taxi  come and get us and take us to some sisters´ house so we could sleep. We actually eneded up staying with the SIsters in Ala 8, my old area!!!!! IT was soo weird sleeping in my old house. I drilled the sisters there for information about all the ward members and old investigators. Fabio still isn´t baptized. I don´t know what happened to him, but it makes me sad that he still hasn´t accepted the Gospel. Also, Deivid, my first baptism, is doing well, but he isn´t going to church very much. I left a letter for him with the SIsters and I hope it helps him come back to church. Man, I miss that kid.
The actual meeting took forever, but it was amazing. I feel so blessed for this opportunity and I am going to work really hard to magnify my calling. Basically, we just learned how to be better leaders. It was awesome and I also got to see Sister N. Lopes (she is also a ST). Overall, it was an amazing experience and I am so excited to work this transfer.
We got back to Poços yesterday around 4. Luckily it was a game day, so we just came home and took a nap. YES!
I love being a missionary soooo much and I am so grateful for all of your prayers. I really can feel them working and I know that I couldn´t do the Lord´s work without them. So thank you so much:)!!!
Have a great week!! I love you all!!!
SIster Whitney
Bruno and us right before the big step:)


Yay for green!!! Sometimes people think we are sisters


I love her so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment