Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Bom dia!

Bom dia minha Familia e meus amigos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can´t start out my emails in any other way other than I had yet another fantastic week!! I love serving in Poços de Caldas!!!
I think my favorite part of the week was wednesday. Sister Sargent´s companion had a foot injury and was told to stay at home for three days. Well that meant that Sister Sargent had to stay at home as well. So I got to thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to have a split with her so they could have some numbers for this week. So on the afternoon of wednesday we became temporary companions. Holy Cow was it so much fun! I forgot what it is like to teach with an experienced and confident missionary. Don´t get me wrong, Sister Ferreira is an amazing missionary, and I love love love teaching with her, but it was so nice to teach with someone that knows what they are doing.
We went and knocked doors for awhile, trying to find some new investigators for Sister Sargent and Sister Menezes, and we ran into some pretty cool people. I don´t really like to brag, but my door knocking skills are amazing. I could totally sell securtiy systems door to door when I get home. We´ll save that as a fall back if the whole college thing doesn´t work out. Anyways, we ended up talking with a guy for like 40 minutes about god realated things. He´s almost an atheist so it was definitely a challenge, but I had the best time talking to him with Sister Sargent. At some points, we just bore our testimonies and defended our beliefs. It was a really awesome experience. I love being a missionary!!
The other great part of this week was Sunday. I don´t know if I already told you guys, but Viviane, the girl Sister Oliveira and I taught and baptized, moved to another City about a month and a half ago. Well, she came back for a visit yesterday and I got to see her and talk with her. She is doing so great!!! During our gospel principles class she was just throwing out answers and sharing experiences. I cannot even describe how happy I am with this. If nothing else good happens in my mission, I can go home happy because I know one seed that I planted took root and is growing strong (sorry for the plant anology, I just studied Alma 32). Argh!!! I love being a missionary!!!!
Well, I hope you all have a great week! Love you bunches!
Sister Whitney
Typical street where we knock on doors.


These are two girls from our ward that we went on splits with. It was a blast:) I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment