Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

No Frodo Faces

This was a good week:)
Probably the best part of this week was my split with the Sisters we live with. I was with a Sister named Sister A. Morias and it was an absolute blast. She is so sinking funny. Before, we were taking pictures together and she was like, "Let me see. I need to make sure I don´t have a Frodo face." I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. 
The actual split was amazing. She is an amazing missionary and really knows how to teach with the Spirit. Most of the day fell through, so we ended up knocking doors for awhile. We actually had a lot of luck and found this really awesome family. We just shared a quick little message about the Holy Ghost and then said a prayer with them. When we asked if we could come back another day they got really excited and said yes. I hope that it works out for them. 
We also ended up teaching a less active member. Her name is Andrea and right from the start I really liked her. She has had a tough life and is battling for custody of her son from her crazy ex husband. Sister A. Morias picked a scripture to share with her and I know it was inspired. She shared 1 Nephi 21:15-16 when Jesus is talking to the house of Israel and he says, "For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
It was exactly what Andrea needed to hear and she started to cry. We testified to her that Christ knows her and that He love her and will always be there for her. The Spirit was SO strong and I know that she was feeling it too! It was definitely one of the most spiritual lessons I have had in the mission. Later, Sister A. Morais told me that Andrea went to church this past Sunday and really liked it. Things like this just make me SO happy in the mission. I am getting so addicted to feeling the Spirit. It is the Best!!!!
The rest of the week was pretty normal. I am really starting to like the ward here in Rio Claro. The members are really nice and really want to help us out. 
I love you all! Also congratulations Betsy!! Happy Baptism. Also, Happy Birthday MOM!! What is it? 38? I forget:) LOve you all!!
Sister Whitney 
Sister Crino and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment