Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

How to get a HOT husband.

This was a week of miracles. Not huge miracles, but still, miracles.
On Wednesday we had interviews with Presidente. We have them about every 3 months. Anyways, he wanted to know how each missionary was feeling spiritually. Presidente Canuto is an amazing man and I am so happy that he is my mission Presidente. My interview went really well and he definitely said some things I needed to hear. It was like 30 minutes of therapy and after I felt so relived and light. It´s good to get all your feelings out sometimes. 
The next day we had a split with another dupla of sisters in our zone. I had a good time and we were able to help the sisters out. The only problem was that it was FREEZING and I wanted to die. It was like a ice wind storm and we had to go out and walk in it. Yuck. It´s days like those I just think to myself, "If you do this, the Lord will bless you with a hotter husband." I sure hope that that is true, because it was FREEZING!
The miracles of the week were that we were able to reach our weekly goals of lessons and such even though we lost 2 days of the week to interviews and our split. We were able to find some really great people too. I am SO excited to share the gospel with these people. Also, last week we had a guy show up at church randomly. Aparently he knows someone in the ward and asked about their religious beliefs. He also asked for the address of the Chapel and then just showed up there last Sunday. Well,we were able to meet with Mateus (that´s his name) and we taught him the restauração. He loved it and we invited him to be baptized next week. He was a little unsure, but said that if he recieves an answer that he will be baptized. Woot!!! I am so excited. He is an awesome guy and has the desire to know more about Jesus Cristo and how he can become closer to him. He is so great!! 
I love you all and I hope that you have a great week! The church is true!!
Sister Whitney


Lauren and sister Crino

Last p day we went to a state forest with some members. This tree is called a pau Brasil. It´s because of this tree that Brasil is called Brasil. Neat, huh?

 This was during a zone meeting/ interviews with President. I really like sister A. Morais. She´s cool

Sister A. Morias and me. Her first name is Alana. The first time she told me she was like, " Alana, like Alanis Morissette" I about peed my pants

Same forest:) It was sucky that we had to wear church clothes, but what are you gonna do?


No comments:

Post a Comment