Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Viviane's Baptism!

Can I just say that I love my mission. It is seriously the best thing I have ever done. This week was really hard, but at the same time, extremely rewarding. For the past two weeks, we´ve been struggling to find new people to teach. We knock doors, talk to strangers at the bus stop, and ask the members for referrals. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. I was a bit upset with this. We´ve been working really hard and are exactly obedient, but nothing is turning up.
On Friday, I had a little chat with Heavenly Father. Mom, what you said about prayer is so true. Heavenly Father will ALWAYS help us if we ask. I basically told Him that I was ready to become the missionary He wants me to be. I told Him I would knock doors for the rest of my mission for just a little bit of help in that moment. (This was during my language study, so Sister Oliveira was in the other room reading.) Anyway, I had a strong prompting to read a little in the Liahona. I came across a talk from Elder Holland. I just scanned the talk a little bit, but what I did read was exactly what I need to hear. Elder Holland said something like this, "There is always hope. Always. But sometimes that bitter cup doesn´t pass from us and we need to drink it and carry on." Wow, these words totally gave me that little help and the will to work harder and trust in the Lord. So, we went to work. And you know what? The Lord DID bless us with a miracle.
VIVIANE WAS BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a full day of knocking doors that same Friday, Viviane called us up and said that she wanted to be baptized in our ward this past Sunday. Words cannot describe how happy I was and still am. Talk about an answer to a prayer. Holy cow Heavenly Father is the best.
The Baptism was really amazing too. It was directly after church, so the whole ward was there to support Viviane. Our Bispo baptized her and she was confirmed directly after because next week is conference. Oh my gosh was it the best. 
I love Viviane so much. She is studying to be an elementary school teacher and works full time. She only has Sundays free, so that´s when we taught her. It´s only been like three weeks, but she prayed about the Book of Mormon and received an answer. So, she decided to be baptized. The church is true my friends. And God hears and answers prayers. 
Missions are the BEST! And I am so grateful for mine. I love learning to trust in the Lord and more about the gospel. When you really think about it, it just makes sense. The gospel is so simple and so clear that it´s difficult to doubt it. I know that we have the same gospel that Jesus Christ taught. I know that it is true that that the Book of Mormon is true too. I love this church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Also, read Matt 10:31 if you´re feeling down.:) I promise you will feel better:)
Love, Sister Whitney
Tell grandma pat that I got her package and that is was so great. I sent her a letter today. We made cookies from the ingredients that she sent! They were amazing. We brought them to the baptism too and everyone loved them. Thanks Grandma Pat!!!

Us at the baptism. My face looks a little sad and I don´t know why. I was seriously soooooo happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment