Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 10, 2014

CARNEEEVAAALLL!

This week was pretty good.
So it was carnaval here in brasil. Seriously it was just like any other week here. It´s not very huge here in Poços. The only difference is that everyone was away visiting other places, so it was a little hard to teach people this week. 
The highlight of my week was Wednesday. We had a zone meeting and then after we had pday (we switched the days so it could work out). The meeting was a little boring, but pday with the Zone was fantastic. We had Brasilian barbeque! I was in heaven. It was really fun too. We just hung out at the church, eating churrasco and playing games. Our zone is pretty dang fantastic too. We have some great missionaries here.
On a spiritual note, this week was pretty great too. I decided that I wanted to learn more about Christ and how he taught. Luckily, preach my gospel has a chapter on Christ like attributes, so I totally dug into that. Oh my heavens have I learned so much! Jesus Christ really was the Master Teacher and it was because he had(has) so many wonderful attributes. My favorite was learning about Patience. Patience is the ability to get through trials, problems, and difficulties without becoming discouraged or angry. It´s the ability to put our trust in the Lord and know that in the end it will all work out. 
I totally needed to study this this week because I got a little upset with some of our investigators. Every week we do all that we can to get them to church, and they still don´t come. But after studying Patience, i feel a lot better. I know that I am doing my part and all that I can to be a good missionary. I just need to be patient and trust that the Lord will help us. It´s been a good learning/growing experience:)
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Have a fantastic week!
Sister Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment