Search This Blog

Monday, May 19, 2014

Never been happier in my life!

So, I have honestly never been happier in my life than I am right now. I love serving a mission!!! One of my favorite things to do is remember my past transfers and see how much I have changed. I feel pretty confident in my mission skills. Don´t get me wrong, I still have SO much to learn, but I am lightyears ahead of where I was in California. Teaching is sometimes a stuggle still, but I have learned trust in the Lord so much more. It´s one of the greatest feelings. Also, I love remembering all the hard stuff I´ve had to go through and all the new stuff I have learned because of the those trials. Seriously, the Lord makes weak things become strong and it´s really only through the trials that we have do we learn what we need to learn. And let me tell you, a mission is one great, huge, hard thing, but I wouldn´t trade even a minute of it for anything else. I am so happy to serve a mission!!!
Anyways, this week was amazing for the work. Poços de Caldas is exploding with work. I don´t know if it´s because I have a new companion and we have beginer´s luck, but it seems like we ALWAYS have something to do. This past week we taught like crazy. We tried to invite everyone to baptism, but it didn´t work out. The majority of our investigators just turned it down, but they are still open to learning more. So we are doing to teach like the dickens and help our investigators find the truth. I am not worried in the least because we are doing our part and I know the Lord will bless us for our efforts.
Also, this week was really great because President Canuto came and gave a special fireside thing for the wards of Poços de Caldas. It was all about how the members can get more involved in missionary work and it went really well. Now, our ward is all excited to jump into the work and help us. I can´t tell you how great this is because missionary work always goes better when there are members involved. Really it should be called the Lord´s work because missionaries and members should always be working together. I am so excited to see where it goes:)
I am having the time of my life serving with Sister Ferreira and living with Sister Sargent and Sister Menezes. Especially Sister Sargent. She is like my mission BFF. She is such a hard worker and I have so much respect for her. I can´t even think of a better example as a missionary. Also, she cut my hair yesterday and it looks amazing. It was only the ends, but still, I really appreciated the help. I had a stringy Reapunzel look going on and it was not attractive. No wonder we weren´t having baptisms. Haha, just kidding:)
Well, I love you all and I hope that your semana goes as good as mine:) Also, I hope you catch the missionary work bug and help out the missionaries in your area. That would be really great:)
Love, Sister Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment