Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2014

Batteries recharged!


So, this week...
Yeah, I had a fantastic week!!! Sister Ferreira and I have been working so dang hard and I love it. There is nothing more rewarding that coming home completely drained and ready for bed. I feel like an awesome missionary when that happens. 
Not much is really new for us though. We´re building up our teaching pool so we made a ton of street contacts this week. I actually really like to go contacting. It´s the only time in my life when it´s been completely acceptable to talk to strangers. I love it!! Also, I usually have to talk first because Sister Ferreira is new and still a little shy around strangers. Training her has helped me get rid of that last little bit of fear of talking to people. Now, I talk with everyone all the time. I´m sure it´s a little annoying, but It´s something I´m really proud of:)
I seriously am having the best time of my mission right now. Every day we work hard and do all we can in the work and then at night I get to come home and talk with Sister Sargent. She is seriously the coolest, nicest, funniest person I know. I am so grateful that she is here working in Poços with me.  She is like the definition of a good missionary. I have learned so much from her. Plus also, she´s funny. :) It´s the best.
On Friday we went to São João to have our interviews with President. We have them like every three months. This one was so much better than my previous 2 because I actually understood him and I could reply intelligently. So great. Also he gave me some advice that I really liked. He said that when we work with joy and happiness, the numbers come. So I have been focusing on that this past week. It´s actually really help too. Sister Sargent and I found out on Sunday that our numbers are the best in the zones. Woot!! Girl power!!
The other big thing this week was talking to my family on mothers day. Oh my gosh was it the best!!! My batteries are recharged for the next 8 months:)  I love you guys so much and I can´t tell you how happy it make me when I know that you guys are happy too:) #eternalfamilies 
Sorry for the shortness. Next week should be longer:)

LOve, Sister Whitney
Just a quick fuzzy shot from the computer talking to Sister Whitney yesterday.

Me and sister Ferreira. She does this weird neck turny thing in pictures. I think it´s hilarious:)

These are some investigators.  (I wonder what they would think if they knew their faces were being shared between Americans 6000 miles away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment