Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

So this week was another to remember. First off, about 6 weeks ago we stopped to talk with a guy in the street. We ended up inviting him to church and after that I didn´t think about the matter anymore (we talk to a ton of people in the street). Anyway, during conference, he showed up at church and stayed for the first session. I was like "Wow, he actually came to church. Neat. Let´s try to teach him." So I grabbed his address and planned to visit him the following week. I don´t know what happened, but we were super busy that week and didn´t see him. But that didn´t matter because he came to church again the following week. I explained more about the church for him and about the restauração. It went pretty well and he was very open about learning more.
Well, this past week I was determined to visit him, so we looked for his house right after church. And....he lives literally 5 houses into the Elder´s area. That means that he isn´t in our ward´s boundaries. I was a little bummed about that, but the rules of the mission are really important to me, so we passed Welington (the name of the guy) to the Elders. And...This saturday he was baptized!!!! Yay!!! 
Even though it wasn´t technically our baptism, I felt like it was because we found Welington and taught him a little bit. IT was really awesome seeing someone we stopped in the street make it all the way to baptism. Wow, so neat I can´t even describe it:)
Easter was also great. We recieved a ton of chocolate from the members because they love us and I got to talk with Viviane (our recent convert) a ton. She is so great and I love talking with her. The only sad thing is that she´s moving soon. It´s still in the boundaries of our mission, so maybe I´ll see her again. I hope so:) But until then, I try to talk with her as much as I can.
Well, my family, I love you all so much. I want you all to know that I Know that our Savior lives. I know that he is the only person to know exactly how I feel and what I need to grow and become more like Him. I am so grateful for His sacrifice and for His love for me. Eu amo meu Salvador! Sei que Ele vive e me ama! Esta Igreja é a Igreja dele e é verdadeira! 
Tem uma boa semana família!
Com Amor,
Sister Whitney
Our district at Welingto´s baptism

They don´t do Easter baskets here in Brasil. They do huge chocolate eggs of goodness. It was a very "hoppy" day. (Yes my puns are weak. that´s what happens when you learn another language)

We had a zone activity today and it was back in the state of São Paulo.

1 comment: